Since our last newsletter in July, we have been busy working with the inspiring team at Allia on a dedicated investment programme. Allia is a charity that has been at the forefront of impact innovation since 1999, with initiatives across the UK that include housing, cleantech and social innovation.
We are pleased to inform you that after the return from the Summer Holidays, a dedicated Accelerator Challenge programme was agreed and launched to market for early stage social impact ventures looking to raise their first / next investment round.
During September and October a call for such ventures resulted in over 40+ applications, of which it was a difficult challenge selecting the finalists given the quality of applications received.
On the 14th
November 2022, 12 impact venture finalists were inaugurated into the programme. This kick started the formal business support offering in the programme, made up of workshops and 1-2-1 sessions, helping the ventures to progress their business plans and become the famous investor ready! Workshops undertaken so far include: (i) Challenging the Business Model; (ii) Financial Narrative & Due Diligence; (iii) Product, Growth & Roadmap; (iv) and of course a Pitch Practice! The 1-2-1 sessions have been held with an Allia team member coach and Martin Carruthers from BRAN Investments.
We are delighted to inform you that the 12 finalists that we will be supporting over time are:
- Beanbag Health - providing accessible, high quality and evidence informed support for all eating disorders and reducing inpatient admissions.
- In Good Company - a dedicated platform to help you find the best ethical and for-good local businesses and experiences around you.
- Mind Data - a digital platform simplifying the way therapists run their business, whilst transforming the therapy experience for their clients.
- The Nature Impact - building the future nature related intelligence, supporting governments and organisations to understand and mitigate their nature-related impacts.
- Snack Gusto - an award winning ethical focused company that uses farm rejected fruits to produce delicious snacks that are healthy alternatives to the general snack market, all the while reducing food waste and improving consumer wellbeing.
- SuperFi - empowering the ‘financially squeezed’; helping them to locate, manage and reduce their debts faster.
- Telmi - a podcast creation app for kids to create mini podcasts independently, in a meaningful and safe way to unleash kids' creativity to boost kids' curiosity, confidence and oral communication.
- Well Fruited - the first LiquidFruit drink that nutritionally replicates eating a piece of fruit, which reduces the sugar impact and captures nutrients that are only found in the fruit.
- Plant Nourish - delivering personalised ethnicity and disease-specific solutions so that no matter who you are, what you earn or where you live, you have access to the best, most innovative care available globally today.
- New Wave Biotech - addressing the sustainability of the food industry and food security, by developing technology to help animal-free proteins scale and reach price parity with animal-derived products.
- Circular 11 – transforming plastic pollution into a material solution. They take plastic that doesn't get recycled and turn it into low-carbon building products that are designed to last a lifetime.
- Lylo - promoting water efficiency by offering products that find new and innovative ways to reuse water.
The culmination of this programme is an Investor Demo Day on the 2nd February 2023
(4-9pm), with the chance for the finalists to pitch to a number of investors as part of their current fund-raising rounds. After the return from the Christmas holiday period, we will therefore be working with the finalists to complete business plans and perfect their pitch for the Investor Demo Day!
More details on the Investor Demo Day can be found HERE
and we will be making pro-active contact with investors whereby we believe such ventures may be of interest. Please do also register your interest for such an event at firstname.lastname@example.org