What are cookies?
Cookies are files that your computer, tablet or smartphone save while browsing the internet. These cookies can be read only by the website or application that saved them.
These little files are, among other handy features, what allow you to browse a website without having to login every time a page is loaded, for example.
What do cookies help with?
– Faster, smoother browsing of our website
– Ease of use; not having to re-enter any information repeatedly
– Measure how you interact with our website, so we can improve the experience for future visits
– Ensure the adverts you see on other mediums are relevant and interesting
What cookies do we use and why?
Session Cookies are cookies that are saved only for the duration of your session and are often essential to the operating of the website. Session cookies expire as soon as the session ends. Some functional cookies may also be session cookies. Session cookies can include, but are not limited to, ecommerce cart functionality, recently viewed products and faceted search features.
Persistent Cookies are cookies that last longer than the session on any of our applications. These cookies are often placed by third party applications that we work in conjunction with to provide an improved service. For example, cookies placed by our website testing software allows us to ensure you receive a continuous and consistent experience when using our website.
Examples of Persistent Cookies:
Analytical Cookies are cookies that allow us to see how you interact with our website so that we may provide a better experience to you and others in the future.
For some of the information we collect, but not limited to, see below:
– Anonymised IP address
– Pseudonymised personal data
– Browser, browser version, device category, screen resolution, operating system
– From what page you visited our website, what pages you visit and how long your visit to our website lasts
Advertising Cookies allow us to display adverts that are relevant to your experience with us. These cookies will tell us information such as:
– Which pages you have viewed
– Which adverts you have interacted with
– Whether you have re-visited our website
Can I opt out of cookie usage?
You can, if you wish, set your browser not to receive cookies with websites that you visit. Please be aware that websites you visit may not work as intended without these cookies. Follow the below instructions to delete any cookies currently saved on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
To delete any cookies saved by Google Chrome, click the button that has three lines or three dots, select History then select Clear Browsing Data, ensuring that cookies are deleted too.
To delete cookies and browsing history in Firefox, click the button with three lines, choosing Options, Privacy and Clear Your Recent History, ensuring cookies are deleted too.
To delete cookies and browsing history in Safari, in the top menu select Safari, Preferences, Privacy, Delete All Website Information.
Internet Explorer / Edge
To delete cookies and browsing history in Internet Explorer (Edge), click the gear icon at the top right of the browser. Select Internet Options, Browsing History Delete and ensure cookies are selected for deletion.
The Small Print
• We will never collect sensitive or personally identifiable information (PII) without your knowledge or consent.
• We employ security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and to prevent loss, destruction or damage
• We will keep your information safe for as long as required by law, only disclosed in the event of a sale of any or all assets or requirement by law.
• You are entitled to receive a copy of any personal data we currently store. Please make a request to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will respond within 48 hours with all information we currently have.
• You are entitled to delete any and all personal data we currently hold in line with your ‘right to be forgotten’.
Of course, we are happy to help you if you have a complaint about our processing of the personal data.